The Denman Parent Teacher Student Association is on the lookout for new leaders to join the team for the upcoming 2023-2024 school year. Specifically, we’re in need of 6th and 7th grade parents to step up and help us continue our tradition of support for the school and community.
As a 100% volunteer organization, we rely on dedicated parents like you to keep our programs going strong. This year, we were able to support so many wonderful initiatives, from funding teacher stipends for classroom supplies and teacher enrichment to student club activities and school cleanups. But we can’t do it without your help!
Please consider nominating yourself or a friend to join next year’s PTSA Board using this form.
Most roles only require one to two evening meetings per month, and the benefits are numerous! You’ll have the opportunity to work directly with the principal and other school leaders, stay informed about school events, and connect with other passionate parents and students.
Open Roles for 2023-2024
Officers – *Required to have a Board
- Secretary* – Partners with President on agendas, and takes meeting minutes. CA PTA Job Description
- Historian – Good starting role on Board, primary responsibility is to log and report our volunteer hours and file historian’s report. CA PTA Job Description
- Auditor – Partners with Treasurer. Audits our books and presents reports to board and membership for adoption. CA PTA Job Description
- Fundraising Co-Chair – to partner with Catherine Homsey. CA PTA Job Description
- Volunteer Coordinator(s) – Coordinates School Cleanup Days and other volunteering needs for the school and community. CA PTA Job Description
- President* – CA PTA Job Description – Courtney Helland
- Treasurer* – CA PTA Job Description – Mark Gagan
- Vice President (Community) – CA PTA Job Description – Emmy Huang
- Parlimentarian – Manages parliamentary procedure, chairs Bylaws committee (every 3 years), arranges nominating committee. CA PTA Job Description – Tim Weidner
- Fundraising Chair – Catherine Homsey
- Teacher Grants Chair – Partners with the Treasurer and Principal to review and prioritize grants requests for review and approval by board. Julia Hwang
- Membership – Responsible for creating and implementing a membership plan, promoting membership throughout the year, providing membership reports at PTA board and association meetings CA PTA Job Description – Gaby Stern
- Teacher Liason(s) – Drake Pillsbury, Tamana Hamidi